5 Travel Apps I Never Travel Without
Whether your next trip is a quick business visit, a weekend adventure or a month long hiatus to Europe, as the saying goes, “There’s an app for that!” Here are 5 Travel Apps I always have downloaded to my smart phone while on-the-go.
1. AudioBooks: If you enjoy a good book for a long commute, road trip or airplane ride, try an audio book for your next trip. With free apps like AudioBooks you can lighten your suitcase by leaving those heavy books at home. Even without an internet connection, you can download your favorite novel and listen through your earbuds or connect through the auxiliary plus in your car.
2. iTranslate: If you never got around to finishing up your Rosetta Stone courses, try the iTranslate app to help overcome the language barrier next time you travel. This app quickly and easily translates words or text from your native language to over 80 different languages. Leave that bulky translation guide at home and make sure you have this app downloaded on your smart phone.
3. GoogleMaps: Forget old fashioned paper maps, and get the GoogleMaps app. Great for walking or driving directions, simply type in the address of your destination and you’ll be on your way in no time. Can’t quite figure out the foreign street signs or don’t know which direction you’re going, this app will be your lifesaver. The best part is that you truly have the freedom to explore, because this app tracks your location and will get you home in no time at all.
4. Rick Steves: The next time you’re in Europe, download Rick Steve’s app which includes guided walking tours throughout iconic cities such as Paris, Rome and Florence. Featuring audio tours of historic landmarks like the Louvre, Versailles and the Colosseum, learn a bit about history from your own personal tour guide; just pop your headphones in and enjoy wandering not so aimlessly.
5. Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives: How many times have you sat at home salivating at the deliciousness on this hit show, but find yourself miles away from the diner or dive they’re featuring? Well, next time you’re traveling and are looking for a bite to eat, pull out this app and search for a restaurant near you, that’s been featured on the show. It provides a great map view of the restaurant locations and also notes what dishes were featured on the show. Don’t have any upcoming trips? Try the app in your own city and check out the diners, drive-ins and dives in your own backyard.
Travel Tip: Avoid that dreaded moment when your phone dies with one of the hottest new travel must-haes, the Juice Pack Plus by Mophie. Not only does this gadget serve as a phone case, but it also extends your phone’s battery life to run all your critical phone apps. Looking to upgrade the space on your phone? Try Mophie’s Space Pack, which increase your storage so you can snap as many photos as you want without worrying about space on your phone.
While new technology is always making our adventures all the more easy to stay connected, don’t forget to unplug and enjoy your next trip. What other travel apps can you not live without? Comment below!